Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bittersweet 16.

Trending everywhere is the phrase ‘New Year, New You” and though its significance varies, to me, it has profound meaning.

Honestly, I had plans on closing my eyes on the eve of 2016 with the soul intent of never seeing another year. Questions that once simmered were wildly boiling. “Will I suffer another 365 ruthless days?” “Why should I?” “What purpose is left?”

Somehow, somewhere my pleas were heard and in December were answered. Call it destiny or coincidence that my estranged step sister & her husband walked back into my life telling the story of her husband’s brother’s suicide years ago. A story that revealed the truth of the lingering impact. 
 
Would my actions cause a similar devastation? Did I want to be the epicenter of such? 

This revelation pulled the tip of my toes from the ledge. A small step backwards for a giant leap of faith.

Hope’s rebirth from a crumbling Despair. A faint light that flickered within the depths of my soul.

2016 has become the field of my greatest battle yet. A true test of my abilities to overcome the repercussions of giving in. Rebuilding a girl into something that saw nothing within herself.